Friday, April 11, 2014

FELL IN LOVE WITH A GIRL

This video doesn't really do the song or St. Vincent (the stage name of the fantastic Annie Clark) justice, but it's the best video available right now.

St. Vincent came through SLC a few weeks ago and I didn't go because I'm an idiot. In reality, I heard a few tracks off the new record earlier this year and really liked them, but I just forgot about them. Then I forgot all about St. Vincent as a whole. When she was in town, I saw Instagram posts and Tweets all night about how good the show was, but didn't put everything together until a few days later.

I've been pretty upset about it ever since. To make up for it, I've been listening to her albums all day at work. and watching shitty videos of her performing with Nirvana at their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony last night. Better videos will surface eventually, but they'll get taken down pretty quickly since the whole thing will air on HBO next month.

She played "Lithium" with the rest of the guys at the Barclays Center (Joan Jett, Kim Gordon and Lorde also played with the rest of  Nirvana which is Dave Grohl, Krist Novaselic and Pat Smear) and then the whole crew (minus Lorde and adding J Masics and John McCauley of Deer Tick) went over to Saint Vitus, a club with a 230 person capacity, to play a full set. Clark fronted the band for three songs - "Lithium" again, "About a Girl" and "Heart-Shaped Box" and from the sound of it, was amazing.

No matter what she played with Nirvana, Annie Clark is my current lady crush in the music world and I think it's safe to say she'll stay that way for quite a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment