Thursday, December 9, 2010

WEEKEND ESSENTIALS

Yeah, I stole that title. What of it?

I realize I've been talking about this ad nauseam for the past couple of weeks, and I promise it will all be over by Sunday morning. Then it will be back to your regularly scheduled program of half-assed movie reviews, kind of funny videos and any other random thoughts that come through my head. That's why you come here, right?

I've written about Tamerlane a few times before, but this is probably the last time you'll hear about it. Probably. Don't hold me to that.

Anyway, we're playing this Saturday night at Club Sound. It's a Sub For Santa benefit show and there are a few other HC bands playing as well. Should be a good time, if you're into that kind of thing. Some people are and others get incredibly confused when they see it. Which is funny to me but I can't explain why I like it. It's been my life for the past 12 years (the hardcore scene that is, not Tamerlane. That's only been my life from early 2004 to late 2005 (when they decided I wasn't right for the band) and again from late 2006 (when they decided I was the only one that fit with the band) until now.) and it's been a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to it.

It's kind of like one last hurrah, since I don't really have any other musical prospects lined up. Well, aside from my solo career, that is. And who knows if that will ever happen since I'm scared to death of singing in front of people.

But if you want to come check it out, you should. There's another benefit show tomorrow night in Midvale with a bunch of other bands too, but if you don't think you can handle two nights of heavy music and mosh dancing, I won't blame you. I'm not sure that I'll be able to, either.

Plus, tomorrow night Dan Christofferson (the guy that did the cover art for us) is having a little shindig at Fice Clothing tomorrow night. So if you hit that instead, I won't be offended.

But here's a little taste of what you'll get to see if you do come. Go ahead and admire that beard of mine in the video below. Awesome, right? I'm going for that look again now.

1 comment:

  1. Haha when I saw you at the show last night I saw that beard coming back in. It truly has been a pleasure watching you play in Tamerlane my man. Don't stop playing music.

    ReplyDelete