Monday, November 15, 2010

DEATH BY DOODLE

This is my man Peter Bryner over there to the right.

He has a blog called Death By Doodle that you should all be following (because everyone has jumped on the Tumblr bandwagon to some extent by now, right?). I worked with him the past two summers and once or twice a week I'd come in to find a new drawing/cartoon of someone that worked with us or something that happened while we were there. He always had a unique way of boiling the essence of someone down to a single image, like all good cartoonists should be able to do, and I always looked forward to them.

(And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited when I finally got one drawn of me.)

He's a clever fellow, that Peter, and I was really excited when I found his blog so I wanted to spread the word.

What I'm hoping is that he's able to channel all these things into something like a newspaper comic strip or something along those lines. He's already got better artistic chops than half the cartoons that still make it into the Sunday Funnies and I know that's kind of a dying genre, but this kid clearly has the wit and perception to pull off something like it. I hope it becomes something more than just doodling. Even if it doesn't though, I'll still be happy to see a new one every day.

Check them out. Death By Doodle by Peter Bryner.



No comments:

Post a Comment