Thursday, November 25, 2010

TAMERLANE - "CLOUDS UNFOLD" - 12/11/10


Off and on since 2004, I've been playing guitar for a band called Tamerlane. It's been a lot of fun, but we haven't done nearly as much as we should have for being together for 6 years. In the fall of 2008, we took the 10 songs we had written to Andy Patterson's studio and set out to make an actual full-length record. We worked on it for about six days, but it still wasn't done. We didn't work on it again until the fall of 2009, and even that was to only finish one song for the GCA Mixtape that I put out last year. 

In January of this year, I quit playing for the band. I just had too much to do and we weren't really getting anywhere. A couple of weeks ago, our friend Blake started putting together the Sub For Santa benefit show that he does each year and asked Tamerlane to play. The band hadn't really done anything since I quit, but they asked me to play with them again so we could play the show and, even better, finally finish the record.

We went back into the studio this week and got it as close as possible. There's a few minor mixing things to finish, the track order and the mastering still to come, but it's pretty much done and the artwork is being done by the awesome Dan Christofferson (of Beeteeth fame). We'll have it at the show on December 11 at Club Sound, but to tide you over, I've put together a little bit of every track on the album just to prove that it's almost done. 

It's about three years in the making, so I hope you enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Damn! I can't wait to see Tamerlane again! I love you guys. Hope you're surviving the snow.

    ReplyDelete