Thursday, February 4, 2010

YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT I WANT AN iPAD


I've wanted an iPhone for years, but I hate AT&T with a passion deep inside my heart. Ever since they lied and gave me a $600 phone bill and a story of having a two year, unbreakable "verbal" contract I have avoided them. Apparently "free long distance" from AT&T (in 2004, of course) means only on I-15 and no further south than Flagstaff, AZ. God damn crooks.

But really, all I want an iPhone for is Apps. That sounds silly, I know, but I have T-mobile and have never had a single problem. But I do love those iPhone Apps. Mostly though, I'm excited about the iPad because of comics.

See, I love reading comics but I hate having to store them. There's a storage unit with 30 boxes and thousands of comics sitting in it. None of them are worth anything substantial and I can't bring myself to give them away. With the iPad I'll be able to download and read the comics and still be able to get the full detail in the art without needing to buy a new short box every six months. The Wednesday tradition of heading to the comic shop will still exist for some books, but overall I'd love to be able to just turn on my iPad and have my new comics download in minutes.

Sure there are bound to be a downside or two to the thing, but I don't really care. As long as I can get my comics it'll be worth it.

I like where this is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment