Tuesday, August 3, 2010

CYRUS

I've been a fan of John C. Reilly for a long time. He's been spending the past few years getting into more and more comedy, which I think suits him far better than the dramatic stuff he was doing. He was great in all those roles, don't get me wrong, but he's great at the funny stuff.

Cyrus had its moments, but wasn't as funny as I'd hoped. Reilly, Jonah Hill and Marissa Tomei are all great together and it had some really hilarious parts, but just couldn't take it that one extra step further. It was directed by the Duplass Brothers who made a short for Sundance a few years back called This Is John. After the shorts program they did a Q&A, and while I can't remember a lot about what they said, I remember it being really fun. Glad to see they're getting to work with some bigger names now.

And check out This Is John if you've never seen it. It's pretty great.


No comments:

Post a Comment