Tuesday, March 15, 2011

NEGLECT

Not that many people actually care, but I've been pretty slow to update this thing over the past month. I've been thinking about it a lot, but never actually doing it. Which is sad because I was on a roll for a while getting about 20-30 posts a month, but things kind of fell off. I think I know why, too. Let's look into those reasons, shall we? You have something better to do?

1) Winter Didn't Stop - I didn't think it was actually going to end any time soon back in February, but I just got so sick of it that it took a toll on me. I didn't want to do anything that might require leaving my house. You would think that by staying in, I'd be writing more, but instead I got into a pretty strict regiment of work then gym then nap then trying too hard to come up with interesting things for you to read.

2) Jerry Sloan Quit - Looking back, this is kind of where the wheels fell off (for me and the Jazz). Sloan quit, then two weeks later they shipped off D-Will and the whole team just went straight to shit. I wasted many nights after that watching the team on TV hoping they'd regain some type of form or identity but they just didn't. They just got worse and worse and I kept getting angrier and angrier watching the games. But I still watched them.

And since I didn't want to post nothing but sappy, emotional (for me, anyway) Jazz rants I stayed away. I wanted to do that several times, but there are enough bad sports blogs out there. The world doesn't need another one. But I've come to terms with the fact that the Jazz are now terrible and it's only going to get worse before it gets better. But since there's going to be a lockout next season anyway, it doesn't matter. Time to get excited about college hoops.

3) Work - This is the first time I've had more than one day off a week in nearly a month. Usually I spend Tuesday recovering and Internetting and just being lazy then getting all my errands and such done on Wednesday. With only one day to do those things, the errands and laundry took precedent.

There are probably more reasons than that, mainly wondering if anyone actually cares what or if I update and if it's worth it, but those are the three biggest.

Maybe I'm back on track. I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment