Wednesday, March 23, 2011

REALLY INTERNET?

There are tons of things that I love about the Internet, but probably a whole lot more that I absolutely hate.

This was made painfully clear yesterday as I did my usual browsing through and found the following.

  • Multiple sites advertising the first set photos from THE HOBBIT. I may not be the target audience here, but I've never cared for THE LORD OF THE RINGS (the books or the movies) and have absolutely no interest in another two (!) movies on the subject of Frodo or Bilbo or whoever is in this one.
  • Another film related one, but even more sites posting a one minute sneak preview of the new CAPTAIN AMERICA trailer. This new trailer will be maybe two minutes long and it will be available to see on Friday. You really can't wait two more days to see footage of a movie you can't see until July anyway?
  • A band called Touche Amore has a new album coming out sometime this year. I got at least two e-mails yesterday about when their album artwork is going to be revealed. Really? You're so desperate for a little bit of publicity that you're sending e-mails telling me that at some point in the future I'll be able to see the album artwork on your website? I will illegally download that album when it comes out and if the artwork is attached, great. If not, I'll search for it and add it then. Not a second before.
Sorry. I just had to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment